Bring your enthusiasm and make a difference at your local library …
The Friends of The Claverack Free Library brings together a group of citizens who actively support the library through advocacy, volunteer services, fundraising and programming.
Friends activities include:
- preparing for and assisting at the Library’s Semiannual Book Sales — our largest fund-raising events of the year
- volunteering at the Children’s Summer Reading & Junior Engineering Programs
- becoming an advocate for the Library as an essential community resource at the town and state level
- assisting with the Library’s programs, such as author’s talks, history lectures, informational sessions, etc.
- joining one of the Friends’ committees such as:
- communications & technology
- events fundraising
- assisting with the new Library’s Capital Campaign
- fundraising with events such as a garden tour or a concert at a Friend’s home – or even host one yourself!
- helping with spreading the word about our group, including newsletters, flyers, emails, etc.
This is a new Library friends group. We encourage you to join us so that The Claverack Free Library can receive the support it needs to enhance its community offerings.
There are so many wonderful things that the Library does for our community, but we want to do even more — and we need your help.
Being a Friend of the Library is rewarding and fun! Meet other community members who enjoy helping the Library. Take on any tasks that you are comfortable with: a couple of hours volunteering every month, helping a tour bi-annual Book Sales, or joining a special project (even one of your own!) — we encourage you to find a mix that’s good for you!
Our group is always thinking up new ways to raise funds and support events like the
‘Book-It’ 5K run/walk, the Children’s Summer Reading program, Art Sale and other new initiatives … and we have a good time doing it!
Suggestions about how to grow our group and better support our Library are always welcome!
Please join us, have fun at your local library, and make a difference!
You can contacts us at: Friends@ClaverackLibrary.org