The library has expanded services with a new digital collection website experience just for kids. The main MHLS Digital Download Collection now has a separate site to provide a safe and easy browsing experience for kids.
Libraries recognize the need to provide a safe environment for kids to browse library materials. Just as the children’s section of the physical library has its own place, the same experience is now available in the digital collection for kids eBooks and audiobooks. Browsing can be done by subject, reading level or interest level. Check out the Kid’s eReading Room.
Location: Starting at The Old Town Highway Garage at Route 217 & Roxbury Road in Philmont NY
Busing to start line, one way 5k.
Registration Fees: $15.00 for adults, $5 for 18 and younger.
Packet Pick Up:
- Early Packet Pick Up on Saturday May 3 from 10-2 at the Philmont Public Library
- Staring at 7:30 a.m. on May 4, 2013 at Old Town Highway Garage at Route 217 & Roxbury Road in Philmont NY
Post Race Celebration at High Falls on Roxbury Road, Claverack , New York
Race-result awards & random prize drawing (must be present to win).
Register now at www.active.com/claverack-ny/running/races/book-it-5k-2014
or fill out the paper registration and return to the Claverack or Philmont Library.
February 1, 2014
at 5:00 pm,
The Broad Street Chamber Players (Jay Shulman, Elizabeth Chinery and David Smith) will perform a program of pieces by Michel Blavet, Philippe Gaubert and Louise Farrenc at the home of Lisa Vahradian and John Tillotson.
Proceeds will benefit the library’s capital campaign.
Admission is $30 and may be paid at the door, but seating is limited and reservations are necessary.
Please call 851-7120 to reserve a seat and to get the address.
We hope you’ll join us for a cozy midwinter evening of music and light refreshments.
Thursday, January 16 at 3:00 pm
at the Claverack Libraryinformation about:
- The Nutrition Outreach and Education Program, which assists individuals/families in applying for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/Food Stamp benefits.
- The Kinship Caregiver Program,which provides intensive support to caregivers who are raising children in their homes.
- The WIC Program (women, infants, children) designed to assist families and young children.
- The Emergency Assistance Program, offering help to individuals/families experiencing financial crisis.
Come learn about how you may benefit from the unique services provided by Catholic Charities of Columbia and Greene Counties Programs. Information about Catholic Charities can be found at www.catholiccharitiescg.org
The December monthly Board meeting is rescheduled for Thursday, Dec. 19th at 5 pm.