Bring your enthusiasm and make a difference at your local library …
The Friends of the Claverack Free Library is made up of community members dedicated to assisting the development and improvement of services in the Library. Friends view the Library as a dynamic educational force and the cultural center of the community, encouraging critical readers, thinkers and information users.
What We Have Funded
Here is a small sample of what the Friends have provided this year to our community because of financial help from Library Friends like you:
- Sponsorship of E-resources: Kanopy ($1,200) and Hoopla ($2,400)
- Sponsorship of Battle of the Books, including purchase of a 10-person Quiz System ($900)
- Payment of elevator quarterly maintenance fee ($525 quarterly)
- Purchase of 14” HP laptop for patron use ($599)
- Repair of Audio/Video mixer used for showing movies and presentations ($200)
- Collect and manage food donations to the Mellenville-Philmont Food Pantry
What We Have Sponsored
The Friends sponsor many Library activities, including:
- Battle of the Books
- Food Truck Wednesdays
- Museum Passes to The Clark Art Institute, Olana, Thomas Cole, MASS MOCA and many more
- The Children’s Summer Reading Program
- The annual BookIt Run and Walk
- The annual Holiday Fair
- Fall Books Sales
The Friends advocate support through membership and volunteer participation.
A membership term runs for a full year beginning from October 1st, ending September 30th of the following year. Memberships are not prorated for a partial year.
Our meetings are open to the general membership. Meeting attendance is not required, but please know you are warmly invited to join us at 5 p.m. on the second Monday of every month. Our annual organizational meeting is held each October during National Friend Your Library month.
Monetary donations to the Friends are welcome, and will be used to support programs, purchases, and technology for the library. Donations may be made preferably by including a completed Friends Membership Form (Friends Membership Form), then bringing it to the library front desk or mailing to: The Claverack Free Library, P.O. Box 417, Claverack, NY 12513. Please include ‘The Friends’ in the memo line. Donations qualify as tax-deductible to a non-profit by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3).
Feel free to contact The Friends with any questions or interest you may have at Friends@claveracklibrary.org. Suggestions about how to better support our Library are always welcome!
We look forward to seeing you — and to having you as a Friend.