Claverack Free Library Job Description
Required Skill: Knowledge of and experience with maintenance practices for building systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and mechanical. Local and regional familiarity with tradespeople and repair professionals. Ability to read technical manuals, document maintenance and communicate system issues. Available as needed to address emergency situations. Ability to diagnose facility issues and recommend solutions.
Reports directly to the Library Director and works closely with the chair of the Building and Grounds Committee.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Initiates and schedules all repair and regular system maintenance and inspection activities for “new” and historic buildings and outdoor improvements.
- Coordinates the completion of more complex repair projects with vendors to avoid limiting public access.
- Keeps maintenance records and documents up-to-date.
- Seeks new ways to cut costs with facility systems through use, maintenance and upgrades.
- Notifies management of any building or grounds issues with recommendations for repair.
- Ensure all safety and fire prevention systems and features are operational and that repair work conforms to OSHA standards.
- Advise management of lapsed repair or purchase warranties.